Peanut butter muffins, very easy and gluten free
This post is also available in Italiano
Since I started going to the gym, over six months ago, I have also tried to change my diet. I abandoned my vegetarian regime (I really did!), increased my proteins and drastically reduced my carbs. Is it working? Yes, most people have commented on my positive results. However, my passion for cooking continues, thus I had to change my way of preparing food too so that I would not undo my exercising efforts for the sake of whipping up delicious desserts. This led me to create a board called Healthier baking on Pinterest, where I collected hundreds of “healthier” (light, vegan, paleo, gluten free, etc.) recipes to try out soon.
The peanut butter muffins I am talking about today are pretty much a miracle, nothing short of magic, since they are flourless and dairy-free, they only have five ingredients and can be prepared in the blender in five minutes.
The original recipe is from Stockpiling Moms.
Peanut Butter Muffins
- 250 g peanut butter
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey optional
- Chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a muffin pan with a little vegetable oil; as an alternative, use six silicone or paper muffin cups.
- In the blender, blend all the ingredients except the chocolate chips, until they become a dense cream with no lumps.
- Add the chocolate chips, stir well, and then divide the mixture into the previously prepared muffin pan or cups. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each muffin and they will look even more delightful! Place everything in the oven.
- Bake the muffins for 13-15 minutes without opening the oven door; they will puff up like a souffle while baking, but be warned so you will not get upset, once you take the muffins out of the oven they will flatten a bit. They will not have the typical dome shape, but rather a fairly flat surface.
- Cool the muffins before serving; keep them well wrapped in foil and, if possible, refrigerate.