This post is also available in Italiano
Some time ago I experimented with a recipe for ready-to-eat pizzas in five minutes made with Greek flour and yogurt; that recipe was so quick and easy that all my vegan readers asked me if it could be adapted to their dietary needs, replacing the Greek yogurt with soy yogurt, or other similar foods. I thus experimented a bit, until creating the perfect vegan pizzas ready in just five minutes, even better than the original ones.
I cannot recommend these vegan pizzas enough, even if you have not made any radical diet choices. Believe me, in no time this will be your favorite recipe for a last minute snack.
Incidentally, this is the first of some recipes that I have prepared for Pomì’s blog. Look for a fresh panzanella and a tasty Roman Jewish style stew next. Remember to stay up to date!
Vegan pizzas ready in five minutes
- 1 glass of soy yogurt mine was natural Yosoi
- 1 and 3/4 cup of self-rising flour or 00 flour + 10 g of regular baking powder
- a little extra flour for the work surface
- various seasonings tomato, basil, garlic, oregano, mozzarella, etc.
- In a bowl mix the ingredients and knead them well. You will get a dough that is a bit sticky but malleable, with the kind of texture you can work with, but only if you put some flour on your hands.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, spread the dough with your fingers into several thin rounds, and add seasonings to taste.
- Remember that you do not have to wait for the dough to rise, because the dough has baking powder and not yeast, thus it will rise by itself during cooking.
- Add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil on each small pizza, and bake immediately in a preheated oven at 200°C.
- Enjoy watching the small pizzas rise in the oven, and take out your creations when they are well cooked, both on top and at the bottom.
- The small pizzas can be perfectly stored on a tray wrapped in foil for 4 or 5 days and can be re-heated several times in the oven. In fact, they are even better re-heated than freshly made.