Those following Labna Labna on Facebook and on Instagram , will know that during the last few weekends we wholeheartedly threw ourselves into our cooking. When faced with the first chilly days of fall, and many rainy Sundays, I believe there is nothing better than churning out cookies. Why leave the house when you can stay warm in front of the oven watching your cookies – for example, these beautiful vegan whole wheat cinnamon cookies – turn golden and crispy?
These vegan whole wheat cinnamon cookies are the result of one of those afternoons I just described; since I’m sure you’ll soon have similar ones too, here is the recipe of the cookies for you to try. Let me know if you bake them!
With this recipe you will get very crunchy and spicy cookies, without using products of animal origin and while keeping calories quite low: I call it a winner plan!
Vegan whole wheat cinnamon cookies
- 200 g whole spelt or whole wheat flour
- 5 g baking soda
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of powdered ginger
- 6 tablespoons agave or maple syrup (or honey if you are not vegan)
- 30 g sunflower or peanut oil
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, then add the liquid ingredients and knead to obtain a smooth dough.200 g whole spelt or whole wheat flour, 5 g baking soda, 1/3 tsp cinnamon, 6 tablespoons agave or maple syrup (or honey if you are not vegan), 30 g sunflower or peanut oil, 1 pinch of powdered ginger
- Allow the mixture to cool in the fridge for half an hour. Preheat the oven to 365°F.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment paper, then cut the cookies to your desired shape.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 10/15 minutes; do not leave the cookies in the oven for too long, otherwise they will become dark on the bottom. When in doubt, take them out a little earlier, and wait until they dry completely at room temperature.
Since many of you asked, a small note about the cookie stamp. The one I used, spelling “home made”, can be found on Amazon here. However, there are many other really pretty variations of stamps like these for Christmas or these ones where you can write your own custom text – you just need to find one that suits the occasion you are baking for!