Second among the cool summer drinks that are a must in my fridge, ranking just below my absolute favorite, limonana, is homemade peach iced tea.
Perfect Peach Iced Tea
- 1 lt water
- 3 back tea bags (I like Darjeeling)
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 2 yellow peaches
- 1 lemon
- Bring the water to a rolling boil in a kettle or a saucepan.1 lt water
- Drop the tea bags in and let steep for a few minutes, then add the sugar and stir well. I like my tea sweet, so the amount of sugar should be adjusted to fit your taste. Don't let the tea steep too long, otherwise you won't taste the fruit.3 back tea bags (I like Darjeeling), 8 tbsp sugar
- Add the peaches cut into wedges and a few slices of lemon into the teapot, then let the drink rest for a couple of hours at room temperature.2 yellow peaches, 1 lemon
- Strain the tea in a colander and allow it to cool well in the fridge before serving.
Are you still thirsty? There’s more – I have a lot of tips for you! I have curated a selection of very inviting drinks for the summer, and posted it on Pinterest. Don’t forget to follow us there, too.