This post is also available in Italiano
Those following Labna Labna on Facebook and on Instagram , will know that during the last few weekends we wholeheartedly threw ourselves into our cooking. When faced with the first chilly days of fall, and many rainy Sundays, I believe there is nothing better than churning out cookies. Why leave the house when you can stay warm in front of the oven watching your cookies – for example, these beautiful vegan whole wheat cinnamon cookies – turn golden and crispy?
These vegan whole wheat cinnamon cookies are the result of one of those afternoons I just described; since I’m sure you’ll soon have similar ones too, here is the recipe of the cookies for you to try. Let me know if you bake them!
With this recipe you will get very crunchy and spicy cookies, without using products of animal origin and while keeping calories quite low: I call it a winner plan!
- 200 g of wholegrain spelt or wheat flour
- 5 g of bicarbonate (baking soda)
- a healthy pinch of cinnamon
- a healthy pinch of powdered ginger
- 6 tablespoons of liquid sweetener such as Panela/corn syrup /agave (or honey if you are not vegan)
- 30 g of seed oil or light olive oil
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, then add the liquid ingredients and knead with a spoon until obtaining a smooth and compact dough.
- Allow the mixture to cool in the fridge for half an hour.
- 1. After the indicated time roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper, then cut the cookies with the moulds, decorating them as desired (*).
- Once the cookies have been cut out, transfer them to an oven preheated at 180°, and cook for 10/15 minutes; do not leave the cookies in the oven for too long, otherwise they will become dark on the bottom. If in doubt, take them out a little earlier, and wait until they dry at room temperature.
(*) The cookie stamp with the words “HOME MADE” that I used is beautiful, I know! You can get it online on Amazon, and there are two more versions, one says “EAT ME” and the other “I LOVE YOU”.