This post is also available in Italiano
In general, I am not a person that finds it particularly easy to form friendships; I can cultivate a few, very few, but I dedicate a lot of time and energy to them. As you know, my way of communicating affection is expressed through food: this is why my few friends often find themselves inundated with bread, cakes, and cookies.
I prepared today’s super diet cake for Albert and Julia. Albert is on a diet, thus I found him a cake… basically without ingredients!
No butter, no oil, no milk, no eggs: it’s a miracle that we get a cake!
This light recipe of course is not one of mine; I only make high-calorie cakes, but this comes from a health forum found by chance on the internet.
The amounts shown below are for a 22 cm round pan, or two rather small plumcake molds. From experience, I would like to specify that this cake rises better in a plumcake pan.
- 300 grams 00 flour
- 180 g of sugar
- 45 grams of bitter cocoa (the best you can find)
- 40 gr of liqueur of your choice (if you do not want to use liqueur, you can replace it with water)
- 300 g of water
- 1 sachet of vanilla flavored baking powder
- Sift the flour, cocoa, and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, liqueur, water as needed, you might need a little more, or a little less than the stated amount, and stir with a spoon until you get a smooth cream.
- Grease and flour a pan, and fill it with the dough, then transfer everything into an over preheated to 160°C.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes, then take it out of the oven, pull it out of the pan and let it cool wrapped in a clean kitchen cloth (do not skip this last step!).
Update: guys, following the positive and negative comments received, I am updating this post to remind you that this is a low-calorie cake (it essentially contains no ingredient usually used to make a cake …), thus if you decide to make it, know that yes, you will get a cake, but do not expect a normal-type of cake!
The result is a little “spongy” in texture compared to a traditional and lighter cake, but it is still very good.
I remind you that if you do not have various food issues related to eggs/dairy/fats, you will obviously be better off making normal chocolate cakes !
Preparata e annotata da Noa